USB Installation - LiveUSB Creator

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 06:52:42 UTC 2012

On 09/22/2012 12:44 AM, Manish Kathuria wrote:
> I need to use a USB stick for installing Fedora 17 on  a system and
> LiveUSB Creator is the program for creating a bootable Live USB
> sticks.  As per the documentation, we need to use the Live ISO image
> to create a Live USB stick using this program. However, if the sole
> purpose is installation, can we use the installation CD or DVD ISO
> images for creating the USB installation media ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Manish
Well, you could just dd the installation ISO to the usb stick,
and then boot from the USB and install onto hard drive.

I have already done that - with an interesting side effect.
The system kept thinking that my USB stick was a cdrom
and would not let me erase it (i.e. overwrite it).
Perhaps I had done something wrong, I do not remember
exactly what.

Good luck.