MTP Support in Fedora

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 14:01:54 UTC 2012

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 14:45:57 +0100
Dave Cross wrote:

> Has anyone else found a way round this problem? Is anyone packaging
> mtpfs or gMTP for Fedora?

I don't bother with the USB cable at all. I just use File Expert
on the Nexus to share files over the network with the web
interface it provides.

I did try some MTP stuff and found there definitely seems to be
something busted. It could see directories, but not any files in
those directories. I suspect the mtp libs need work. (MTP on
Windows 7 worked fine, so it doesn't seem to be a problem on
the Nexus side).

Over in the Nexus 7 forum on android forums, there was even
a post about people who got cifs network mounts working
(but you need a rooted nexus 7 for that to add new kernel modules
and do the mount).