MTP Support in Fedora

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Sep 22 16:15:18 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-09-22 at 09:34 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> However a workaround for many use cases is to install an FTP or sftp
> server on the device - there are several in the Play store - and
> either use a basic FTP client from Linux or just mount the server from
> Nautilus and use drag-and-drop. Be careful though. Doing this with a
> large group of files at once seems to give random dropouts.

On that note, across numerous computers and OSs, and network schemes,
and file managing programs, I've always found that sort of thing to
happen.

It's meant that I've given up on doing backups on/with large storage
devices, because it *always* cocks up, and it's a big pain in the neck
to try and sort out which files got skipped, aborted, partially
transferred, or corrupted.

If I want to copy, say a few thousand files, I have to spend hours
manually selecting batches of no more than a few hundred files at a
time.  I have NEVER got this to work well.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.