Travelling Linux.....

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sun Sep 23 13:02:01 UTC 2012

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:59:43 -0400 EGO2.1 <eoconnor25 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/22/2012 07:21 PM, Alan Cox wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 13:42:55 -0400
> > "Eddie G. O'Connor Jr." <eoconnor25 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello all, I am in need of some advice. I have received a tablet for my
> >> birthday (Acer Iconia Tablet A200-XE) My question is, is there a way to
> >> install Fedora on the tablet?
> > That will depend if its unlocked, if there is a Fedora kernel for that
> > exact ARM board (unlike most PC platforms ARM platforms are very varied).
> >
> > In addition the standard Fedora desktop is a bloated memory hungry blob
> > so I imagine it would suck on this hardware, especially if you didn't
> > have an accelerated 3D X server.
> >
> > However you've got some chance of getting Debian on it
> >
> > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28995664
> >
> > is the thread working on this stuff.
>

> Excellent!....thanks for this info, as it stands right now I don't think
> they've "perfected" the exact recipe for getting Fedora onto tablets as
> yet, but I can always hope that in the future they'll nail it. I think
> I'm going to go with Debian, only because it appears to have the least
> problems running on the various hardware out there.....until then I'll
> keep on chugging with my Fedora 217 laptop! Thanks again for the link
> and the info...

Hi Eddy,

I am also interested in this and I do have a toy to play with. with no
consequences. In case you are able to, could you please document
somewhere all the steps you undertook to get this to work?

Many thanks,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional