Clamd and systemd

Zdenek Pytela pytela at phil.muni.cz
Mon Sep 24 13:58:51 UTC 2012

Arthur Dent pise:
> I have done nothing, but install and configure clamav (scanner + server)
> and my logs are full of these:
> =======================8<===============================================
> LibClamAV Warning: RWX mapping denied: Can't allocate RWX Memory:
> Permission denied
>  LibClamAV Warning: Bytecode: disabling JIT because SELinux is preventing
> 'execmem'
> access.
>  Run  'setsebool -P clamd_use_jit on'.
> =======================8<===============================================
> I haven't had a chance to run the setsebool yet (I can't get access to the
> machine from work at the moment)
>
> Are there any other bools I should set while I'm at it?
semanage boolean -l|grep clam
clamscan_read_user_content     (off  ,  off)  Allow clamscan to read user content
clamscan_can_scan_system       (off  ,  off)  Allow clamscan to non security files on a system
clamd_use_jit                  (on   ,   on)  Allow clamd to use JIT compiler

but consult your clamd_selinux(8) man page first.

--

--Zdenek Pytela, <pytela at phil.muni.cz>