Looking for a way to get mp3s off an ipod

Jack Craig jack.craig.aptos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:12:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:24:04AM -0700, Jack Craig wrote:
> > > Try Banshee. You can import the files from the iPod, then organize them
> > > which will rename the files to something human readable and place them
> > > into a directory structure on your system that makes sense.
> >
> > working for me, Thx!!
>
> You're welcome, and glad you're happy. :)

Special Thx due your salvage of my purchased music. Here is the story, ...

I had a macbook in a past job, I purchased music at the apple store &
downloaded to my ipod. my ipod preceded my macbook and i used to use gnupod
to use the ipod.

when i got the macbook, i reloaded the ipod with factory apple sw and music.

with the passing of that job, the macbook was lost, orphaning my purchased
music.

I've since purchased more cd's i'd like to add to the ipod, but didnt as i
had no way to capture my purchased music.

So, not only have you provided a path to recovery my lawfully purchased
audio, i can now reload my ipod with gnupod and merge my new music!!!

So again, Huge thanks, ...