Change default app. -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Sep 27 11:37:25 UTC 2012

On 27/09/12 06:25, Suvayu Ali types:
> xdg-mime default vlc.desktop `xdg-mime query filetype /path/to/file.mov`

Am I missing a file? I re-installed everything in the computer about a
week ago, should have been complete from scratch. I always start with a
USB live spin and then add the extras that I want, mostly with yum,
during the configuration effort ...

    [bobg at box9 ~]$ xdg-mime default vlc.desktop `xdg-mime query filetype
    /path/to/file.mov`
    xdg-mime: file '/path/to/file.mov' does not exist
    xdg-mime: mimetype argument missing
    Try 'xdg-mime --help' for more information.

    [bobg at box9 ~]$ cat xdg-mime
    cat: xdg-mime: No such file or directory

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box9