Failed to update Fedora 17 due to dependency problem

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 27 14:09:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 01:02:26PM +0200, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
> I have a problem updating Fedora 17. When I try yum distro-sync - it
> fails with dependency error. When I add --skip-broken option, it also
[...]
> Error: Package: libstdc++-devel-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686 (fedora)

Since this is a devel package, the easiest thing you can do to make your
upgrade go smoothly is to simply remove it with yum remove.  In fact, this
generally goes for everything -- if a package is giving you a problem,
remove it (assuming it isn't required by too many other essential things).
Once the upgrade is done, you can put them back.