php and mysqli

Buday Gergely gbuday at karolyrobert.hu
Fri Sep 28 12:28:56 UTC 2012

Hi there,

the following code fails on my fedora 17 box:

<?php

mysqli_init();

?>

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in /home/gbuday/public_html/init.php on line 3

doing a grep around php -i,  /etc/php.ini and /etc/php.d/ I get a seemingly ok configuration, see below. My versions of php and mysql are

$ php --version
PHP 5.4.6 (cli) (built: Aug 20 2012 11:30:18)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
$ mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.27, for Linux (i686) using readline 5.1

What other files I should look for the problem? How can I make mysqli work?

I have the following php and mysql packages installed:

$ rpm -qa|egrep '(mysql|php)'
php-process-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
mysql-5.5.27-1.fc17.i686
mysql-server-5.5.27-1.fc17.i686
php-cli-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-xml-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-ZendFramework-Db-Adapter-Mysqli-1.11.12-1.fc17.noarch
php-common-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-mysql-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-ZendFramework-1.11.12-1.fc17.noarch
php-devel-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
mysql-libs-5.5.27-1.fc17.i686
php-pdo-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686
php-bcmath-5.4.6-2.fc17.i686

- Gergely

php -i:

'--with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd' in configuration

mysqli

MysqlI Support => enabled
Client API library version => 5.5.27
Active Persistent Links => 0
Inactive Persistent Links => 0
Active Links => 0
Client API header version => 5.5.27
MYSQLI_SOCKET => /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Directive => Local Value => Master Value
mysqli.allow_local_infile => On => On
mysqli.allow_persistent => On => On
mysqli.default_host => no value => no value
mysqli.default_port => 3306 => 3306
mysqli.default_pw => no value => no value
mysqli.default_socket => no value => no value
mysqli.default_user => no value => no value
mysqli.max_links => Unlimited => Unlimited
mysqli.max_persistent => Unlimited => Unlimited
mysqli.reconnect => Off => Off

/etc/php.ini :

; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
; http://php.net/mysqli.max-persistent
mysqli.max_persistent = -1

; Allow accessing, from PHP's perspective, local files with LOAD DATA statements
; http://php.net/mysqli.allow_local_infile
mysqli.allow_local_infile = On

; Allow or prevent persistent links.
; http://php.net/mysqli.allow-persistent
mysqli.allow_persistent = On

; Maximum number of links.  -1 means no limit.
; http://php.net/mysqli.max-links
mysqli.max_links = -1

; If mysqlnd is used: Number of cache slots for the internal result set cache
; http://php.net/mysqli.cache_size
mysqli.cache_size = 2000

; Default port number for mysqli_connect().  If unset, mysqli_connect() will use
; the $MYSQL_TCP_PORT or the mysql-tcp entry in /etc/services or the
; compile-time value defined MYSQL_PORT (in that order).  Win32 will only look
; at MYSQL_PORT.
; http://php.net/mysqli.default-port
mysqli.default_port = 3306

; Default socket name for local MySQL connects.  If empty, uses the built-in
; MySQL defaults.
; http://php.net/mysqli.default-socket
mysqli.default_socket =

; Default host for mysql_connect() (doesn't apply in safe mode).
; http://php.net/mysqli.default-host
mysqli.default_host =

; Default user for mysql_connect() (doesn't apply in safe mode).
; http://php.net/mysqli.default-user
mysqli.default_user =

; Default password for mysqli_connect() (doesn't apply in safe mode).
; Note that this is generally a *bad* idea to store passwords in this file.
; *Any* user with PHP access can run 'echo get_cfg_var("mysqli.default_pw")
; and reveal this password!  And of course, any users with read access to this
; file will be able to reveal the password as well.
; http://php.net/mysqli.default-pw
mysqli.default_pw =

; Allow or prevent reconnect
mysqli.reconnect = Off