NFS mounts on Fedora 17 hang when reading lots of data

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 17:00:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:33:06 +0200
Guido Winkelmann wrote:

> Does anybody have any idea what might be happening here or what I could do to
> further debug the problem? Should I file a bug report?

I have seen infinite numbers of problems with NFS over the years, and as far
as I know most of them got lots better when you could finally do TCP rather
than UDP connections. I think TCP is as good as it gets, but I still don't
trust NFS at all.

There is a possibility that the problem is at a lower level in the ethernet
driver. You could try using scp to copy the same sort of data and see if it
winds up with problems too. If so, that would probably mean ethernet driver.