A note on youtube-dl

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 18:44:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Hiisi <hiisi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> You don't need any script at all. Just copy the appropriate video file
> from /tmp folder when video is watched. That always worked for me.

You´re surely not implying that manually going into the browser´s cache
directory, finding the right file via its cryptic name and copying such
file to the desired location plus renaming it to something meaningful has
the same ease of use of ´youtube-dl -t [url]´
and having the file saved with the right video title as per youtube
description.

FC
PS: I use www.keepvid.com myself,no need to install anything, the Java
applet takes care of the rest after I paste the URL, it even allows me to
choose which format and resolution to download, plus gives a size estimate
of each BEFORE downloading.
act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell