R: Re: driver for a printer connected to a remote computer

Antonio Montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Mon Apr 1 04:25:07 UTC 2013

The computer where the printer is connected is a F18 system, the other computers run on F18 or Ubuntu (that has the same behaviour)

Antonio da Samsung MobileMark LaPierre <marklapier at aol.com> ha scritto:On 03/31/2013 05:36 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
> A printer connected to a computer on my network is easily discovered but
> driver is generally a Raw generic driver: therefore I cannot use part of
> options (i.e. printing multiple pages on a single sheet and so on).
>
> If I want to have full functionality I have to install driver by hand
> using system-config-printer.
>
> (I am using a Samsung ML-1610 laser printer)
>
> Is this behaviour normal??
>
> Antonio
>
> Running Fedora F-18 (Spherical Cow)
> On my home PcDesktop

I suppose the first question would be:

How is this printer that is connected to a computer on your network
being shared by that computer?

Is the machine that the printer is connected to also running F-18?

--
     _
    °v°