driver for a printer connected to a remote computer

antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 06:25:03 UTC 2013

Mark LaPierre ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 01/04/2013
00:22:
> On 03/31/2013 05:36 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> A printer connected to a computer on my network is easily discovered but
>> driver is generally a Raw generic driver: therefore I cannot use part of
>> options (i.e. printing multiple pages on a single sheet and so on).
>>
>> If I want to have full functionality I have to install driver by hand
>> using system-config-printer.
>>
>> (I am using a Samsung ML-1610 laser printer)
>>
>> Is this behaviour normal??
>>
>> Antonio
>>
>> Running Fedora F-18 (Spherical Cow)
>> On my home PcDesktop
>
> I suppose the first question would be:
>
> How is this printer that is connected to a computer on your network
> being shared by that computer?
>
> Is the machine that the printer is connected to also running F-18?

On the remote computer. printer is seen as:

dnssd://Samsung%20ML-1610%20%40%20pcdesktop._ipp._tcp.local/cups
--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F18(Spherical Cow) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com