Fedora 18 won't print in Landscape mode.

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Mon Apr 1 13:09:40 UTC 2013

On 01.04.2013, Tim wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-04-01 at 09:18 +0200, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> > BUT: can it be that you are using Libreoffice? That seems to be a long
> > standing but, and you have to go to "properties -> device" in the
> > printer settings dialog and set the "printer language type" from "PDF"
> > to "Postscript" to get this to work.

> Wouldn't that be a print-to-file, rather than print-on-paper, issue?

No, it's a common printout on paper which is affected. It's easy to
reproduce with a fully updated F17 (and as far as I know, it's the
same on F18):

1. Open Libreoffice Writer
2. Open a new document in landscape format
3. Write a few words
4. Klick on "print"

The result will be in portrait format, unless you switch the "printer
language type" to postscript, and not to PDF (which is the standard).

There's a lot of documentation on this one on the net, e.g. here: