Can't Load Fedora 15

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Apr 1 18:47:12 UTC 2013

On 04/01/2013 11:25 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> and i went the opposite way

So did I, but I turned around and came back.  When I was doing phone
tech support, I probably got a bad reputation as somebody the younger
techs should avoid because I was very impatient with them.  After
several years, I realized that I was being unfair because none of them
had the experience to be aware of most of the things I thought were
obvious.  It took time and effort, but by the time the call center was
closed and we were all laid off, my reputation was probably much better,
and I was able to help some of them learn how to do things better.

Just remember, that there are lots and lots of things that you find
intuitively obvious that many of the people on this list have never
encountered.  As an example, how many of you know why you can't get 56K
speeds on a modem if the port has an 8250 UART?  Or, for something more
current, why can't you download a program on a Windows box, put it on a
flash drive, then run it on your Linux box directly?  Yes, the answer
should be obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people don't know it.

I'm sorry to lecture, but something in your post struck a chord, and I
had to let it out.  I'll get off of my soap box and let you all get back
to work.