Can't Load Fedora 15

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Apr 1 18:52:15 UTC 2013

On 04/01/2013 11:28 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> never saw anything on a fedora-setup which could not be
> repaired, even dist-upgrades with power interruption in
> the middle of the yum-upgrade...........

I'd prefer to repair, of course.  (I once spent almost a week cleaning
up an upgrade that hung, but that time, I knew what was needed.)  Alas,
the boot process just stops, leaving no evidence that I've been able to
find in either boot.log or /var/log/messages.  I've tried disabling the
last services to report that they'd started but not finished, with no
change.  It's not that I don't want to fix it, it's just that I've run
out of ideas, and am reluctantly biting the bullet.