fedora18 stopped suspending on lid closed

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Apr 2 16:44:16 UTC 2013

On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 15:26:00 -0500
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-04-01 at 20:26 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 04:33:12PM +0300, Aleksandar Kostadinov
> > wrote:
> > > From some time my fedora stopped suspending when lid is closed. I
> > > see in system log that lid event is detected. So I'm wondering
> > > what can be the cause.
> > > Suspend works when I choose to suspend clicking on the XFCE power
> > > applet.

What do you have the preference in xfce4-power-manager set to do on lid
close? Is it set to suspend there? Or just 'nothing' or 'lock screen' ?

> > Just guessing as I don't know much about XFCE, but thought it had
> > support for the systemd suspend method. So suggest checking the
> > systemd suspend configuration. XFCE should be able to tell systemd
> > to let XFCE fully when to suspend, maybe something is broken.

xfce4-power-manager inhibits systemd and does indeed handle those
events. So, the question here is what the Original poster had the pref
set to. ;) Note that this was fixed in an update, when f18 was
released, xfce4-power-manager did not inhibit systemd, so systemd
handled those things directly. This may be why a change in behavior was
seend.

> It is one of he settings of the power options. Personally I make sure
> it does not suspend.

Right.

kevin