Major fsck-up

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Apr 2 18:21:47 UTC 2013

On 04/02/2013 06:40 AM, Roger Heflin wrote:
> You probably need to be clear about exactly what you mean by added what
> was /boot to /home...
>
> What did the partition table look like before and after you did the work?
>
> was /boot before /home and you enlarged /home to be /home+/boot (the
> partition before /home?)?

Actually, I don't have or need a separate /boot any more, and it's not
used.  (It was too small, at about 250 MB, anyway.)  Nothing was in it
and it hadn't been mounted in several years, so I got rid of it to tidy
up.  As it was just before /home, I tried to expand /home to include it
and that's when the program hung.  I thought I explained that in my
original message, but either I didn't, or if I did, it wasn't clear enough.