Avoiding LVM -

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Apr 2 18:57:13 UTC 2013

Am 02.04.2013 20:52, schrieb Tom Horsley:
> On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 14:39:06 -0400
> Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>
>> What I need is an example of a simple directory tree with the proper
>> sizes.
>
> What is wrong with one partition named / on whole disk? Everything
> has room to grow then :-)

it is idiotic in the case of a damaged OS
you have to backup your data before re-isntall

it is idiotic in case of /boot not seperated for
hwatever FS-changes, not so long ago ext4 was new
and it was no problem to convert the rootfs and
data parttions to ext4 but /boot needed to stay at ext3

at least you should seperate /boot, sysroot and your data
not only on Linux, on Windows it was also idiotic do save
your data at c:\ and blindl use this often chossed pre-setup
of most vendors