Fedora 17 sometimes doesn't wake up from sleep; can't find OS ???

Steve linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 18:57:57 UTC 2013

Recently the F17 (x64) install on my Dell XPS 17 isn't waking up from
the sleep state.   I'm not sure if I'm invoking it to go into sleep or
if its an inactivity induced sleep.   Prior to recently, it always  woke
up from sleep without any issues.

Furthermore, once in a while when I reset after not being able to wake
it from sleep, I'm getting an Operating System not Found error.   It
always finds the OS if I reset it again.

Is anyone else having resume/booting issues with recent kernels after
entering the sleep state ?

Is anyone else experiencing OS not found issues ?

uname -a
Linux XPS.localdomain 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09
UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks.