Avoiding LVM -

Bill Oliver vendor at billoblog.com
Thu Apr 4 15:45:05 UTC 2013

I take my laptop on the road a lot, and I have work stuff on it I don't want the world to see.  I don't encrypt the whole disk, but I have an encrypted partitiion, and keep sensitive data on it.

The bottom line is that anybody who can touch your machine can own it, and can own all the personal and private data on it.  The only protection against that, other than physical security, is encryption.

billo