mailto links from Chrome w/Thunderbird

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Apr 5 01:36:13 UTC 2013

On 04/05/13 09:19, Steven Stern wrote:
> It is.  It's got to be something to do with Chrome, but I can't find any
> setting there.

There are no settings for this in chrome.  It works fine here....  It is always a puzzle to find out what controls this and if it matters what DE is being used.  Anyway....  One more thing to check....

Everything works for me fine using KDE.

[egreshko at meimei ~]$ xdg-settings get default-url-scheme-handler mailto
handler is thunderbird
/usr/share/applications/mozilla-thunderbird.desktop

And in /usr/share/applications/mozilla-thunderbird.desktop

Exec=thunderbird %u