mailto links from Chrome w/Thunderbird

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Fri Apr 5 17:15:26 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 10:59 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> It's there. Again, the issue is NOT that Thunderbird is not getting
> launched, but the word "mailto:" appears in the email address if
> launched from a link in Chrome.  The address is just fine when the link
> comes from Firefox.

Maybe it's the version of Chrome your using that might be the issue, or
does it do it on all of them?  Are you up to date, and if so, you using
stable, beta, unstable?  Might try a different one.  Or, to see if it's
how Chrome is seeing the code on mailto: stuff, when see one, go to the
settings/tools/developers (I think) and see what the html code already
it looks like.  Might just be a bug, but I don't have that problem on
chrome/evolution (although you use thunderbird).  You might try diff
email just to test if evo or kmail or something does the same thing?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best little town on Earth!"