Avoiding LVM -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 6 15:59:51 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 06 April 2013, J.Witvliet at mindef.nl sent:
> So, a better advise is to simply encrypt the entire disk,

Yes.

> And to keep sensitive info on an _also_ encrypted mem-stick.

Dunno.  It's got to be much easier to lose a memory stick than an entire
computer.  Or, to put that another way, much easier to not notice that
you've lost a memory stick.  Whether that be accident or theft.

Considering the unreliability of memory sticks (due to read/write
wear-out, easy physical damage to the stick, etc.), I still only
consider them for their original selling point:  Like a large temporary
disc drive for playing sneakernet, or temporary secondary access to
files away from where they're really stored.

I certainly wouldn't use them as a back-up storage device, nor as a the
only storage device for precious data.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.

My apologies for not including a virus with this message, but I don't
use Windows.