FedUp

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 17:24:49 UTC 2013

On 04/06/2013 03:56 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> On 04/06/2013 03:05 PM, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> I've been away for some weeks & am now back so I'm looking at
>> possibilities for upgrading 17 -> 18 seeing as 17 will be EOL in around
>> eight to ten weeks.
>>
>> After the initial problems with FedUp, I read last night over on
>> Bugzilla about its progress & the latest testing (which looks like it's
>> going to go stable next week) is looking pretty solid.
>>
>> So the question is, is everybody been happy with the upgrade process via
>> FedUp lately?
>
> No. I gave up on it after it failed miserably on a couple of test
> upgrades in the early phases of f18. May-be it has seen improvements
> since then, but I didn't look back at it, since then, because I found
> the procedures outlined on
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_17_-.3E_Fedora_18
>
> so far worked reliably.

Thanks to everybody for their answers.

Just for the sake of reporting any findings to Bugzilla, I'll attempt
another upgrade via FedUp in a VM but I think I'll upgrade the machine
in question using yum.

It's a shame. I went from 12 sequentially through to 17 using preupgrade
without a single hitch.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,