k3b , burning video

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Apr 7 14:22:13 UTC 2013

On 07/04/13 14:55, Jim wrote:
> On 04/07/2013 12:07 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> On Sat, 2013-04-06 at 18:56 -0400, Jim wrote:
>>> F18
>>>
>>> what video format does k3b burn,  mp4 etc. ?
>> The question as it stands is meaningless. K3B just burns bits. It
>> distinguishes between audio CDs and everything else, but that's all. If
>> you need to convert something to a specific video format, you need
>> something like ffmpeg or transcode to produce the bits. Then K3B will
>> happily burn them to a medium.
>>
>> poc
>>
> Yes, But  convert to what format so k3b can burn a Video CD/DVD ?

I use k3b regularly to burn-and-verify DVDs, but I create the .iso
images that I burn with other software.  Then I test-play the image.

k3b offers the option to 'create a video DVD project', which I've never
used; but it starts off with a display of a typical video-dvd file
structure.  I suspect that if you drop video files into the project they
will be converted to DVD-standard vob files, mpeg2 with ac3.

Why not try a test-run with a short video file and see what happens? Or
maybe there's a manual...

John P