Disability relief

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Apr 7 17:32:14 UTC 2013

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 00:06:26 +0000, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-04-06 at 18:42 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
	[....]
>> 	Now I have machines running Fedora (17 & 18) and Puppy (5.0) --
>> and even with eyes on two panels I have an awful time spotting the
>> mouse cursor. Can anyone tell me a way to get my arrow back??

> Not sure how to change arrows, but if you're using gnome-shell, you can
> install gnome-tweak-tool and under the mouse settings, you can set the
> cursor to highlight with a ripple effect when you press the control key.

	I've been looking for that. I used to use it and also two pair of
eyes (bottom and left panels) under Gnome 2, but I haven't managed to
find either.

	I also have gnome-tweak-tool -- which gives me a screenful or two
of error messages when I invoke it, but mine seems not to have any idea
that there is such a thing as a  mouse. :-{

	I see the image of a two-handled mug with mouse, calculator,
gnome foot, etc., and a pair of eyes looking up at them. but I can't find
any mouse settings under any of the rubrics.

> It's nice when the mouse is in a corner or the cursor is a vertical bar,
> and maybe helpful in your case as well.

	It was, yes, decidedly -- when I once got to it. So were the
panel eyes: they track the cursor, and with two pair you can navigate by
the seat of your pants to the intersection, and usually spot the cursor
there.
Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.