Dracut on reboot

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 8 15:22:14 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 07 April 2013, Richard Vickery sent:
> Doesn't this tilda put the command in the file in which one is working?
> When the system boots up in [dracut], how is a political scientist /
> aspiring lawyer who users Linux and does this contribution on his
> sabbaticals supposed to know where dracut's home is mapped on the filling
> system? It's far easier for me to find the file in root, or end the command
> with "...service > /home/(user)/foo.txt

The tilde refers to your homespace.  So, for whoever's logged on, a file
path like this ~/example.text refers to an example.text file in the root
of *their* homespace.  The advantage of this, apart from far less
typing, is not having to do the /home/(user)/ prefix typing that you've
mentioned, and which some people will just not understand that they're
expected to replace (user) with their own username, when they see such
instructions on mailing lists.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.

My apologies for not including a virus with this message, but I don't
use Windows.