getting back from a black screen

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Apr 8 19:40:25 UTC 2013

On 04/08/2013 12:29 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
> I don't believe so; what's the command that prints the hardware?

lspci | grep VGA

However, if you have to ask, you probably aren't using the binary blob
drivers, either directly from the OEM, in either the kmod or akmod
package, unless it's been so long since you last installed that you'd
forgotten about it.  And, to be honest, I don't know if that issue's
ever been resolved, because I simply set my desktop to use one screen
saver (I'd wanted to use them all, randomly, and that's how I ran across
this.) as a work around.  Still, it's worth checking, JIC.