Disability relief

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 10:41:00 UTC 2013

On 08.04.2013 21:32, Beartooth wrote:

[…]
>> Not quite what you are looking for but do either of your DEs have the
>> ability to show the bulls-eye around the cursor location when you press
>> control?  In Mate you set this as part of the Mouse settings.
>
> 	I do always set that, yes, as soon as I find it, and it does
> help; but I have yet to find it in Gnome 3 or xfce4. Anybody know where
> it lurks?

Cursor Position for X(fce) ;)
#!/bin/sh
PATH="/usr/bin:$PATH"

eval $(xdotool getmouselocation --shell 2> /dev/null)
animate -geometry +$(echo $X)+$(echo $Y) /foo/bar.gif &
sleep 5
pkill animate

exit 0
EOF

The animate only missing feature is "-nodecor"(xv).

man 1 xdotool
man 1 animate - ImageMagick

poma