Off Topic - Block iCloud -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Apr 9 15:12:45 UTC 2013

Can anyone tell me how to block Apple iCloud in my router? I've tried
filtering icloud.com as mentioned in Google but it still downloads at
about 3GB per hour, a rate that would use up my month's allocation in
about 8 hours! There seems to be a dearth of information on Google on
the subject although it is a recognized problem.

Presently I am forced to block all the Apple devices on my LAN. I would
like to be more selective and allow them other functions, e-mail and
browsing, etc. They can use the 3g/4g system for their iCloud needs.

iCloud is really a very inefficient solution to a problem I didn't know
existed until my daughter subscribed and put a half  dozen devices on it.

Any information or suggestions will be appreciated.

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box10   Fedora-18 XFCE Linux