Laptop disconnects network when is closed

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 10 07:17:03 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 10 April 2013, Todor Petkov sent:
> Can anyone give me some advice what else to be changed, so the PC can
> keep its connectivity when the lid is closed?

Does WiFi reception work when the lid is horizontal?  The antenna is
usually in the lid, and usually needs to be vertical.  You can test that
by picking up the laptop and rotating it with the lid open.

If that's not the reason, have a look through /var/log/messages to see
if anything is still being triggered by the lid closure.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.

My apologies for not including a virus with this message, but I don't
use Windows.