Installing texlive under Fedora 17.

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 16:47:22 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:31:17PM +1200, Rolf Turner wrote:

> I'm not completely sure if I installed texlive using yum, or if texlive came
> with the initial install of Fedora 17.  My vague recollection is that there
> was
> a latex facility that came with Fedora 17 but it was incomplete, and that
> I did indeed do "yum install texlive" to fix things up.
>
> Now when I do "yum install texlive" it tells me that I have the latest
> version
> and that there is nothing to do.

If disk space is not an issue, do "yum install texlive\*".  Otherwise do
"yum list texlive\*" and pick the packages you want to install.

FWIW, I think installing TeXLive from the iso from TUG is the most
reliable and easy to maintain.  I switched to this few years back and
have never looked back.

--
Suvayu