Fedora vs RHEL

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Apr 12 10:17:03 UTC 2013

Am 12.04.2013 12:09, schrieb Mike Dwiggins:
> On 4/12/2013 3:01 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
>> On 2013-04-12 12:58, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
>>> Does there exist anywhere a list or comparison about which Releases of
>>> Fedora correspond to what Releases of RHEL?
>>
>> I would not directly compare those, as they are so much far in term of bundled versions.
>>
>> My suggestion is to compare CentOS and RHEL.
>>
> My problem is that I am trying to sell my Boss on Fedora!  He refuses to let us use CentOS or to pay for RHEL ( Yes
> cheapskate). But if I can show some comparison to RHEL I can sell him on Fedora.
>
> My whole shop run home servers and we all use Fedora.  We just need something from somewhere to convince him!

if you are not REALLY firm with dist-upgrades and not prepared
that there can be HUGE changes all over the system all 6 months
you should avoid sell anybody Fedora for production

i am using it for any service but i would never recommend the
same for anybody but me because i avoid to hear "but you said"
a year later after people not able to cover manage the system
because of changes they are not prepared for