Installing texlive under Fedora 17.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Apr 12 23:51:57 UTC 2013

On 04/12/2013 11:35 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> Hi Rolf,
>
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:43:50PM +1200, Rolf Turner wrote:
>>      I don't, didn't, never have, and never will use hypdestopt!!! Do you
>>      see any reference to hypdestopt in the "demo" code?
>>
>>      I figured that it had to come from somewhere in the bowels of powerdot.
>>      God knows where.
> The error message (quoted below) suggests otherwise.  If powerdot is
> incompatible with pdftex, how can it have a dependency on a package that
> works only with pdftex?  Don't you see the contradiction here?

All I can tell you is that I ***did*** initially get that error message
doing "latex demo"
and there was no reference to "hypdestopt" in the code of "demo.tex".  I am
no longer getting the error, which is utterly mysterious, so I cannot
"reproduce it"
to prove my case.

If you run "latex demo" and examine demo.log you will see many references
to "oberdiek"; it is in the oberdiek package that hypdestopt.sty lives.
I don't
know what is going on, but I certainly made no reference to hypdestop nor
to oberdiek in any code that I wrote.

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner