configuring fetchmail while accessing internet from behind proxy server

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 13 13:05:56 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 13 April 2013, Ranjan Maitra sent:
> I have looked around a fair bit but have no leads so I am throwing
> this out here just hoping that someone here can help.
>
> I can currently only access the internet using a proxy server and a
> specified port. My question: what should I change in my .fetchmailrc
> settings to be able to fetch mail using fetchmail?

Not really enough information supplied...  Have you had a look at
fetchmail's website <http://fetchmail.berlios.de/>?

Look in the FAQ and search the page for the word proxy.  There's a few
mentions of it, and the ones I looked at were wildly different, so it'd
be quite hard for us to answer your query correctly, first go.  You'll
get better help if you try what looks like the right thing for your mail
service, then ask for further help to get that working.

It may not be possible, though.  It rather depends on what access
protocols are supported for your mail service.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.