Fedora vs RHEL

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Apr 13 22:20:54 UTC 2013

On 04/13/2013 03:07 PM, David wrote:
> I actually know several (nine) 'old time Linux' users and some are ex
> Redhat employes as well as commercial (as in paid sys admins) that say
> that the Ubuntu list is full of useless information. Much of it flat out
> wrong. Careful. The usual tip off, they say, is "Try this. It might work".

Yes.  I know.  However, there's always a few grains of wheat mixed in
with the chaff; the trick is to figure out which suggestions to follow.
  Generally, however, I've found that for somebody like me who knows
something about Linux and just needs distro-specific advice, that's not
too hard.

> Here you will see the latest usage numbers.
>
> "OS Platform Statistics and Trends"
>
> <http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp>

Interesting, and roughly twice what the Linux Counter suggests:
http://linuxcounter.net/guessing.html

My guess is that your reference counts servers, because mine gets most
of its numbers from webserver hit logs.