GNS3 - Install on fedora 18

"Germán A. Racca" german.racca at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 02:16:53 UTC 2013

On 04/13/2013 10:43 PM, Celso Viana wrote:

> 2013/4/13 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
> <mailto:Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>>
>
>     On 04/14/13 07:49, Celso Viana wrote:
>      > I'm trying to install GNS3 (network simulator) in Fedora 18 and
>     missing dependency "python-sip," I can not find. Can anyone help?
>
>     Taking a SWAG here....
>
>     F18 contains the package python3-sip.  Maybe GNS3 requires python3
>     installed?
>
>     --
>      From now on, at least during winter time, Im going to blame all
>     spelling an grammar erros on the cat sitting on my chest every time
>     I sit down at the computer....
>     --
>

> Already tried to install GNS3 with addiction python3-sip but failed.
> Continued requiring python-sip.

Because the package you are trying to install (from pkgs.org) has the
following explicit requirements:

Requires:       python-qt4
Requires:       python-sip
Requires:       dynamips

and they all are wrong for Fedora.

See my answer in the Fedora Brazil mailing list.

--
Germán A. Racca
Fedora Package Maintainer