Fedora vs RHEL

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 23:13:26 UTC 2013

On 04/12/2013 12:14 PM, Tethys wrote:
> The annoying thing is, I'd*gladly*  pay Red Hat for support, if they'd
> charge me a sensible amount. I'd install
> RHEL in a heartbeat to get support for it. But given the minimum Red
> Hat support charge is several thousand, it's simply out of my price
> range:-(

It's actually $349 / year:
https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/server/

Other than that, I agree with you.  I offer IT systems management to a
large number of small businesses, where Linux is used for very simple
infrastructure.  If there were a $10/month/server plan, I could probably
get them to pay money Red Hat's way.