Fedora vs RHEL

David dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 03:30:19 UTC 2013

On 4/14/2013 11:23 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
> Quoting David <dgboles at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 4/14/2013 10:25 PM, Thomas Cameron wrote:
>>> On 04/13/2013 07:53 PM, David wrote:
>>>
>>> Meh. My mom (nearly 70) and my daughters (6 and 10) all use Linux. My
>>> support level with them is orders of magnitude lower than it was when
>>> they ran Windows. It's also a Hell of a lot easier to fix stuff on their
>>> Linux boxen than it ever was with Windows.
>
> That precisely reflects my experience. I have a good friend, an
> engineer, who used to use NT. I convinced him to use Linux instead and
> have had a steep decline in the difficulty of support. He still asks me
> for help once in a while but it's pretty much routine fixes. Other
> friends with Windows still give me toothaches with the
> incomprehensibility of their issues. Like fixing a motor on a car with
> the hood welded shut.
>
> Dave

My sons are adults and they maintain their own computers and phones. My
mother uses Win 7 and in 4+ years has never broken it one.

She use Firefox, Thunderbird, Libreoffice, Skype, and some program that
I can not remember the name of that makes really complicated sewing
patterns and stuff. As well as several other programs. She watches
videos. Plays music. Streaming TV and movies. I fix nothing.

IMHO? Use what works.

--

  David