F18 fails to install on Toshiba Satellite M860

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Mon Apr 15 04:25:45 UTC 2013

Abu Attar Musharih <abuattar.musharih <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko <at> greshko.com>
wrote:
> Not very familiar with it since I've got "older" hardware....  But, can
you try disabling EFI/UEFI booting in your BIOS?

>  The  EFI/UEFI boot is the boot option under the  menu of advanced.
Unfortunately, there is no option for disabling it.  It is there  as a
single option, so can not be changed.  Is there any other option to try?
Thanks in advance for any help.

> Regards, AAM

Try Google with:

"Toshiba Satellite" disable uefi

Lots of links; just none for the M860.  Might give you a hint as to how to
turn off EFI/UEFI.  Your best bet is to look for instructions for another
system that's as close as you can find to your M860.

Went through the same thing on my wife's HP laptop with Windows 8.  Finally
found it and it runs F18 just fine from an external hard disk so she can
keep her Windows installation.

Cheers,
Dave