Fedora vs RHEL

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 15 15:57:08 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 14 April 2013, Thomas Cameron sent:
> It never ceases to amaze me that people will run their businesses -
> the thing that feeds their families and employees' families - on
> cobbled together systems with community-supported distros.

Or me, that they'd do it on Windows, seriously out-of-date releases of
OS and software, a weird and useless anti-virus, no back-ups, no UPS,
and nobody on the premises with a sufficient clue about using
computers...

I know of one particular company who would have been completely hosed
when their computer system died, if not for the fact that they used
old-fashioned manual invoice books for all their sales (they just
duplicated the information into the computer when they got back to the
office).  It was the only thing that told them who owed them what.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.

My apologies for not including a virus with this message, but I don't
use Windows.