Fedora vs RHEL

David Beveridge dave at bevhost.com
Mon Apr 15 22:55:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> honestly, most support-contracts are quite useless if they
> cover only default setups and let you alone in the rain
> for a infrastructure which is customized for your needs

I work for a fairly large company that has loads of VMs using a clone OS.
One day we had a support problem we were grappling with.
So we purchased an unlimited VM support contract for RHEL.

We were told that our app was only supported on 32 bit when we used 64 bit.
We were able to install a 32bit vm and replicate the problem, however,
the problem went unresolved for a few months and then we figured out the
answer on our own.

We did not renew the support contract.