Fedora vs CentOS -- php/apache and Drupal 7

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Apr 16 14:01:48 UTC 2013

Am 16.04.2013 09:41, schrieb Roger:
> I believe that the latest Apache updates of some time ago were flawed or do not correctly  interact with php or php
> updates were flawed and have not been corrected. I have nothing to back up this assertion other than the problems
> now being experienced and a recommendation to remove php 5.4 and revert to an earlier version.
> Please don't quote me on this, It's what I've noticed, read and considered

this has nothing to do with Apache interacts with PHP
the question is if whatever software is ready for PHP 5.4

hence, in a few months PHP 5.5 will be released and 5.4 is a year old
any software which does not work with PHP 5.4 is questionable or you
need a different distribution like CentOS

you can not use badly maintained web-scripts on a bleeding edge distro