Fedora vs RHEL

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Tue Apr 16 20:44:41 UTC 2013

Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 04/16/2013 12:57 PM, Matthew J. Roth wrote:
> > To be fair to Bill, your original analogy equating a subscription to RHN to
> > homeowner's insurance is false.  He did the best he could with what you gave him
> > to work with.
>
> I see what you mean.  Would having a plumber or electrician on a
> retainer in case you ever needed them be closer?

Joe,

I'd say a subscription to RHN is closer to a home warranty.  It may come in
handy if you need it, but there are many ways to void its coverage and if you
don't need it then it's wasted money.

It's not a perfect analogy, but I like it better because it's less
sensationalistic than the comparison to homeowner's insurance.  That invokes the
fear of losing everything which is much more appropriate for something like
performing backups (something everyone should do) than having a subscription to
RHN (valuable to some, but not all).

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions