cross-platform notes / tomboy / evernote

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Thu Apr 18 16:24:49 UTC 2013

On 04/18/2013 11:09 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Steven Stern
> <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:
>> Have you tried "nixnote"?
>
> I played with nixnote a while back. It worked.
> Being Java based, it should work on OpenJDK in Linux and also Mac OS-X.
>
> But be warned that neither iPhone nor iPad nor Android have a standard
> JavaSE runtime capable of running Java SE apps.
>
> But on the mainstream desktop platforms (Windows, OS-X, Linux),
> nixnote should work fine.

I found a nixnote RPM, but get this error when trying to install:

Transaction Check Error:
file / from install of nixnote-1.5-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from
package filesystem-3.1-2.fc18.x86_64
file /usr/bin from install of nixnote-1.5-2.x86_64 conflicts with file
from package filesystem-3.1-2.fc18.x86_64

On the iOS platforms, I'm using the real Evernote app. I need nixnote
only on Fedora.

--
-- Steve