devede embedded subtitles

Randolph Jones jonesrf1 at qwest.net
Sat Apr 20 20:38:05 UTC 2013

can dvede make a video dvd using the srt file to embed subtitles?

I have tried several times; I get various errors/crashes.
the dvd does not play subtitles in dvd player

I can make a dvd that plays embedded subtitles in dvd player, but lots
of old movies on youtube have separate subtitle files, and
downloadhelper does not download the srt file with the movie, and the
downloaded movie does not have subtitles.

vlc can play the downloaded movie with the srt file to produce a
subtitled movie.

problem is how to make a dvd from this material that will play in a
player.
TIA
rfjones