Can't upgrade Fedora 17

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Apr 20 23:46:39 UTC 2013

Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
> I can't cleanly upgrade my Fedora installation (I use --skip-broken),
> below is error reported by yum:

You have gained wisdom, the fc17->fc18 upgrade path(s) are not robust. Sometime
f'ed-up will work, sometimes yum will work, always fresh install will work.

NOTE: by "will work" I mean will result in a useful system after 1st reboot.
Booting into a vermin ridden pile of dysfunctional features is not working, it
is "salvageable" and no more.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>