Fw: Email clients have gone crazy

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Apr 21 00:27:53 UTC 2013

Aaron Konstam wrote:

> ---

> I am running F18. But suddenly this morning my e-mail clients claim not to
> accept my server passwd.
> When I open evolution it asks for a passwd whxih it has never done before. My
> usual mail server passwds do not work.'
> Thunderbird claims that my login or passwd is wrong. Where the login is my
> e-mail address.
>
> My mail servers are those from at&t. When I go ot the at&t web interface my
> email address and server passwd works.
>
> So I am very confused. Evolution did not owrk like this way yesterday or ever in
> the last decade. What could be wrong?

Did you by chance get an email from them with "Action Required" in the subject?
A number of ISP mail services have had issues lately, Verizon "for security"
changed to clear text for login and password exchange. Read that sentence again,
yes they did. They also are threatening to disable POP3 and require use of POP3s
(SSL secured), but I don't think that has happened yet, I still get spam in my
VZmail on my cell.

If you are getting other mail okay, obviously that's not the problem, so
consider this just a thought.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>