Fedora 18 cannot mount any USB device

Marek Miller fenixx3000 at interia.eu
Sun Apr 21 10:03:48 UTC 2013

Od: "Rami Rosen" <roszenrami at gmail.com>
Do: "Marek Miller" <fenixx3000 at interia.eu>;
Wysłane: 10:17 Sobota 2013-04-20
Temat: Re: Fedora 18 cannot mount any USB device

> Hi,
> It seems as though there is some problem with the USB device partition
> table; it is a bit strange because the upgrade should not cause such a
> problem. (and it occurs on more than one device).
>
> I would suggest that you will verify this on another Linux machine (if
> it is possible for you). I mean plug the USB disk and see if you get
> errors and
> run "fdisk -l". In case results are different, this seems strange.
>
> Regards,
> Rami Rosen
> http://ramirose.wix.com/ramirosen
>
> Hi Rami,

It is not that case,

The same phisical USB, the same phisical machine,. virtual Ubuntu launched under virtualbox shows:

Disk /dev/sdb: 15.6 GB, 15610576896 bytes
119 heads, 55 sectors/track, 4658 cylinders, total 30489408 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xc3072e18

/dev/sdb1   *        8064    30489407    15240672    c  W95 FAT32 (LBA)
root at kubus:~#

The efect in F18 is repeatable for any usb device inserted to any usb port,so it is definitely not a problem with the partitiion itself

Marcus